My Mom...
I have only been feeling insecure about my body within the past 2 or 3 weeks. I used to love my body, despite what the media says about "big" girls. I have accepted that I am just a big boned girl- I would not consider myself fat... but my mom on the other hand thinks I am an obese teenage girl that loves food.
First of all, I do not eat like my life depended on it. If I am hungry, I'll grab a snack.
Second of all, I TRY to stay active. I try to run on the treadmill when I can, but I am honestly too tired when I come home from school.
Third of all, who is she to tell me I am fat?
I hate what the media has done to our brains. They have polluted our opinions on beauty. Apparently, being beautiful is weighing 120 or less with having perfect skin and perfect hair. I do not weigh 120 or less, I do not have perfect skin, and my hair is dead- does this mean I am ugly?
I thought the role of parents was to help their children feel good about themselves. I do not understand why my mother has the constant need to bring my self esteem lower. I try my best to please my mom but it is not working. NOTHING makes her happy besides my older sister (she is skinny, has decent skin, and has nice hair).
My Dad...
I honestly love my dad. I know that I am a daddy's girl and I get just about everything I ask for but he treats me like a human being with feelings. I can come crying to him whenever during the day to know that he will listen to me and tell me his honest opinion because he is a blunt person. Although my dad may be a fob and old school, he has been through a lot and is wise. I know he is strict on me but that's because he CARES about me- not because he does not trust me, like my mom.
Today I called my dad after my mom and I were fighting and the exact words he said to me were
"What's wrong Carmel? Don't listen to your mom because you're beautiful. Ignore every word she tells you."
THIS is why I love my dad. He doesn't have these moments often but when he does, I know to cherish them because it is coming from the bottom of his heart.
My Sister...
I cannot stand her. I love her BUT I cannot stand her. She does not do anything around the house because "she is not used to having responsibilities." I understand that she lived on her own for 2 years but before that she lived in this house for 17 years and I am pretty sure in those 17 years that she was taught how to wash dishes, vacuum, or clean the bathroom. She sits in her room ALL day long watching movies, while I am cleaning the bathroom, which includes her mess, vacuuming the entire 3rd floor, which includes her room, and wiping the stairs, which she steps on. She is not willing to sacrifice a few hours of her day just to help around the house and she is never punished for it. I am sick and tired of her bullshit. She comes back into this house thinking we are supposed to adjust to HER life, which is stupid. I cannot believe my parents actually agreed to have her come back home when everyone knows that it's going to be hectic because she does not know how to keep her mouth shut, do chores, or be an adult.
THIS IS MY FAMILY.
MINUS MY MOM AND OLDER SISTER, I LOVE THEM ALL.
All I ask for is to be treated FAIRLY- that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment